For us the following applies:
1. The silver we use is won from 500-year-old mining waste heaps in Bolivia.
2. The gold is washed from rivers and mechanically separated, in this case in Argentina. Cyanide and mercury are not used.
3. After exploitation the mines are being renaturized.
4. Mining takes place in co-operatives consisting of autonomous local communities. Child labor is not tolerated.
5. ILO job safety standards are observed.
6. The higher prices paid by the customer benefit the co-operative, that is, the workers, and help them secure their livelihood.
7. Standards are maintained by scientific experts and by the transparency of the trade channels.